The 1 Thing To Watch This Week – And It’s Not The Election Outcome
With coronavirus cases exploding in the United States and Europe again, to the still as of this writing undecided election, and everything else that’s going on…
Things are nuts.
Today I want to give you clarity and show you The 1 Thing To Watch This Week to help you make better investment decisions…
- Third Quarter Earnings Continue
Third quarter earnings began reporting three weeks ago. And this week is another big one with more than 5,200 companies worldwide reporting updated earnings.
Will tech continue to thrive this quarter as it did in the last one?
Will restaurants, car companies, airlines, and others continue getting crushed?
Will roles reverse?
I’ll keep you updated as necessary on anything important with the economy or any company I’ve written about in the coming weeks as needed.
Seeing quarterly and yearly earnings helps me understand what’s going on in the market via individual stocks…
The other major thing you need to pay attention to this week is the continued explosion in cases of the coronavirus in the United States and Europe.
2. Huge Explosion In Coronavirus Cases Worldwide
When this pandemic first started 10,000 new cases a day freaked people out.
Then we broke the 100,000 mark soon after… And then hovered in the 200,000 to 300,000 new daily cases worldwide for months.
In mid-October we had our first ever 400,000 new cases worldwide in a single day. And have spent most days since then above that number.
And then on October 28th the world broke the 500,000 new cases worldwide in a single day… Actually, shattered the previous record with 548,552 cases that day alone.
And it hasn’t slowed down since I wrote that update last week…
As of this writing we’ve now had our first ever day above 600,000 new cases reported worldwide on November 5th when 611,984 new cases reported.
The even scarier thing is that deaths are now ticking up as well worldwide.
On November 4th, we broke the previous world record of deaths in a single day with 9,059 deaths.
And the 7-day averages are almost straight up on both…
This is horrific in terms of people’s health and lives of course.
But from an economic standpoint it could be devastating too…
We’re still recovering from the initial stages of lockdowns and panic that began in March.
Since then most lockdowns and quarantines were lifted which got people back to work, lowered the unemployment in the US and worldwide, and led to a record quarterly increase in economic output.
But Europe is already locking citizens down again in various countries including the entirety of England.
Will other parts of Europe, The United States, and the world follow suit and lock things down again?
If governments enact lockdowns again worldwide it would devastate the economy worse than the previous ones… Now businesses have even less cash and higher debt levels than in March.
And this means there’s far lower room for error, which could lead to more mass unemployment and bankruptcies.
Is the outcome of the election important?
Of course, it is. For both personal beliefs and how it will affect us for the next 4 years.
But the election pales in comparison to the economic and human damage the current explosion in coronavirus cases and deaths will have.
This is the major story to watch this week… To see if cases continue exploding, if the world locks down again, or if we can figure out how to stabilize new cases and deaths.
Because if we can’t figure this out sooner rather than later… The economy and the stock market are likely to get crushed.
Here are the articles from the last week in case you missed any…
- Boeing (BA) Lost $4.7 Billion In 9 Months
- Is General Electric (GE) A Buy After It Earns A Profit?
- Is Keurig Dr. Pepper A Buy After Strong Earnings?
- Should You Still Buy Marlboro Owner Altria(MO)?
- Should You Buy Cummins (CMI) After Its Earnings?
Click the links below to see the stocks we recommend to Depression Proof Your Portfolio and earn safe investment returns.
- 3 Stocks That Will Earn You High Returns In The Coming Depression.
- One Thing To Do Today To Protect Your Investments
- 5 Reasons To Buy British American Tobacco
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #1
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #2
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #3
- 4 Reasons To Buy Cummins To Depression Proof Your Portfolio
- 5 Reasons To Buy JM Smucker
- 5 Reasons To Buy General Mills
- 5 Reasons To Buy IBM
- 5 Reasons To Buy Johnson & Johnson
- 2 More Reasons To Buy J.M. Smucker
- 4 Reasons To Buy Microsoft – And 1 Not To
- 5 Reasons To Buy Sony
- 3 Reasons To Buy Wheaton Precious Metals
- 1 More Reason To Buy General Mills
- 3 Reasons To Buy Monster – And 1 Not To
- 1 More Reason To Buy Johnson & Johnson
- Why You Still Need To Wait To Buy Microsoft (MSFT)
- Should You Buy Cummins (CMI) After Its Earnings?
Disclosure – Jason Rivera is a 13+ year veteran value investor who now spends much of his time helping other investors earn higher than average investment returns safely. He does not have any holdings in any securities mentioned above and the article expresses his own opinions. He has no business relationship with any company mentioned above.