When Will The Stimulus Checks Be In Your Bank Account?
Shortly after we received the first $1,200 per person stimulus checks back in August, I was at a friend’s house for a kid’s birthday party when someone asked me my thoughts on if we were going to get a second stimulus.
I said yes… Its almost 100% guaranteed… After the politicians stop fighting.
So even though I was pessimistic about the quick release of any second stimulus into our bank accounts… Even I didn’t think the politics around this would be as toxic – and take as long as they have.
As of this writing, the second stimulus checks are still in limbo after President Trump threatened to veto the bill passed in the United States house of representatives on December 21st.
He’s doing this because of the “pork” – unnecessary stuff like hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to other countries. And because of the “small” $600 per person amount in the bill agreed to go to US citizens.
Trump wants the “Pork” out of the bill and $2,000 to go to every man, woman, and child in the country.
This torpedoed the bill on December 23rd after it was passed in the House. And because of the long Christmas holiday the bill is still not signed into law.
And with the President’s veto threat a real one, its likely to remain so for a bit longer as we head into another holiday shortened week with New Year’s Eve and day.
As I said back in August at my friend’s house… A second stimulus is almost 100% likely… After the politicians stop fighting.
Unfortunately for millions of Americans who are struggling to pay their bills, buy their kids gifts for Christmas, New Years, and Hannukah, and to put food on the table this holiday season… That remains true months later.
This is the only thing I’m watching this week as we head into 2021… Will our politicians get us the help we as Americans need as go into a new year? Or will they continue fighting?
If you’re looking for the best way to protect your portfolio as the economy hangs in the balance and the politicians fight…
Make sure you’re in great stocks that have the following traits…
- They’re cheap
- They have little to no debt compared to a lot of cash
- They produce large profits and cash flows.
- And make sure they aren’t in industries that could be hammered by more closures.
You can see stocks we recommend that fit these criteria at the end of this article.
This week try to take a bit of a break from all this bad news to focus on yourself… Your friends… And your family.
As we approach Christmas and New Year this is important to keep sane… Both personally and with your portfolio.
I sincerely hope you have a great Christmas, Hannukah, and New Year’s break.
I’ll keep you updated on any major news in the meantime.
Click here to see some of the stocks we recommend to Depression Proof Your Portfolio.
- 3 Stocks That Will Earn You High Returns In The Coming Depression.
- One Thing To Do Today To Protect Your Investments
- 5 Reasons To Buy British American Tobacco
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #1
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #2
- 3 Stocks To Depression Proof Your Portfolio – Stock #3
- 4 Reasons To Buy Cummins To Depression Proof Your Portfolio
- 5 Reasons To Buy JM Smucker
- 5 Reasons To Buy General Mills
- 5 Reasons To Buy IBM
- 5 Reasons To Buy Johnson & Johnson
- 2 More Reasons To Buy J.M. Smucker
- 4 Reasons To Buy Microsoft – And 1 Not To
- 5 Reasons To Buy Sony
- 3 Reasons To Buy Wheaton Precious Metals
- Why You Still Need To Wait To Buy Microsoft (MSFT)
- Should You Still Buy Marlboro Owner Altria (MO)?
- Should You Buy Cummins (CMI) After Its Earnings?
- Is Wheaton Precious Metals A Buy After “Record Quarter?”
- 3 Reasons To Buy Waste Management – When This Happens…
- Is Clorox Still A Buy After Sales Rise 27%?
- J.M. Smucker (SJM) Cash Flow Increases 103% – Is It Still A Buy?
- Is Homebuilder Lennar LEN) A Buy After It Reaches An All Time High?
Disclosure – Jason Rivera is a 13+ year veteran value investor who now spends much of his time helping other investors earn higher than average investment returns safely. He does not have any holdings in any securities mentioned above and the article expresses his own opinions. He has no business relationship with any company mentioned above.